Mrs. Wane - Room 61
Welcome to Mrs Wane's Sixth Grade Classroom
Welcome to the sixth grade! I am very excited to begin my first year at St. Vincent de Paul. Prior to coming to SVdP, I taught sixteen years with Omaha Public Schools. Six years in a seventh grade Language Arts and Reading classroom and ten years as an Elementary Media Specialist. I earned my Bachelor's in English with a Secondary Education edorsement from Creighton University and a Master's in Reading from the University of Nebraska-Omaha. I teach Literature and English to all sixth graders.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me by email or telephone (402-492-211 to leave a message).
I am looking forward to a fantastic year!
Classroom Information & Links
Persuasive Paragraph Topics 3-5-19
- Is PE necessary?
- Why should they make the school day shorter?
- The most significant personal trait is a kindness
- The best places for summer vacation
- Kids must get a larger allowance
Persuasive Paragraph Topics 3-6-19
- It is better to be the younger (older) sibling
- Factors that define true friendship
- The best TV show (video game) ever
- McDonald's as the least (most) favorite restaurant
- Pros & cons of eating sweets